PACSA’s membership is open to:
- Anyone who is committed to social justice and development and identifies with PACSA’s vision and mission.
- Those who committed to social justice and would like to be part of a forum of like-minded people, learn from them and share insights, as well as becoming more involved in social justice advocacy activities in and around Pietermaritzburg.
- While many of our members are Christians and we do grapple with the faith dimensions of PACSA’s work and social issues, being a person of faith is not a requirement of membership.
PACSA VISION: PACSA envisions and works towards a just society where all people are free, able to realize their potential and actively participate in their own development.
PACSA VALUES: PACSA operates out of Christian and human rights values, which are foundational to our work:
- Human dignity;
- Shared consciousness and collaborate action;
- Relationships of trust;
Thus, PACSA identifies itself as a social justice and development organization in which our work and our practice seek to enhance human dignity.
PACSA is a registered NPO, and the activities of PACSA shall be for the benefit of or widely accessible to the general public at large.
Responsibilities of PACSA Members
- PACSA members participate in the governance of PACSA. This means they can and do influence its work and direction.
- PACSA Members can nominate candidates for PACSA’s Council, vote at General Meetings, or sit on PACSA’s Council or its sub-committees. PACSA Council is its highest decision making body, guides its vision and policy framework, and supports the director’s leadership.
Benefits of PACSA Members
PACSA is embarking on a new Membership Programme that will include the following benefits:
- Members identify with and share in the social justice work of PACSA.
- Members receive:
- PACSA’s publications, including our monthly E-Newsletter; factsheets; research reports and annual reports.
- Invitations to PACSA events including discussion forums
- Invitations to PACSA’s Annual Film and Arts Festival
Invitations to join in the PACSA Agape fellowship meals
- Opportunities to get involved in PACSA campaigns, if they wish.
PACSA has waived the annual subscriptions which was a feature of PACSA membership in the past.
Bank: First National Bank, Boom Street, Pietermaritzburg
Branch, Code: 221325
Account Name: PACSA
Account Number: 50933070927
Account Type: Current
SWIFT Code (for international transfers): FIRNZAJJ
Section 18A Status and Tax Clearance Certificate (for tax rebates for donations): Yes
Tax Clearance No: 0093/2/2012/0002351722